Why are face oils good for the skin?
- Vegetable oils contain essential fatty acids and vitamins that are easily absorbed into the skin.
- Oils act as the skin’s lipid barrier to keep the skin properly hydrated and balanced.
- Lightweight vegetable oils can penetrate deeply into the skin to balance oil and are non-comedogenic, which means they won’t cause breakouts. Vegetable oils will help oily skin regulate natural oil production and hydrate dry skin to improve tone and texture.
How to perform the Oil Cleansing Method
What is Aromatherapy and how does it work?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils from plants to improve and maintain health and beauty. Essential oils have been found to provide both psychological and physical benefits when used in a safe and correct way.
In addition to Essential Oils, Aromatherapy includes the use of other complementary natural ingredients with healing properties like cold pressed vegetable oils, waxes, herbs, sea salts, Hydrosols (Flower Waters), clays and muds.
Aromatherapy works through two main methods:
Topical absorption: The small molecules of Essential oils penetrate the skin through the pores and go into the blood stream targeting the body’s healing systems.
- Olfactory System: Our nasal cavities have thousands of olfactory nerve cells that carry scent directly to the olfactory bulb, which is located at the back of our nose. The bulb has nerve endings that send messages directly to the brain. Our sense of smell is 10,000 times more sensitive than any other sense in the body. Other senses like touch and taste must travel through the body via neurons and the spinal cord before reaching the brain whereas the olfactory response is immediate, extending directly to the brain.
How can Aromatherapy benefit me?
- By promoting a sense of physical and emotional well-being.
- By improving sleep, reducing stress levels and mental fatigue, easing depression and improving self-esteem.
- By healing wounds, reducing inflammation, relaxing muscles, relieving pain and aiding blood circulation.
- By regulating hormones, relieving menstrual cramps and stimulating the immune system.
- By killing fungal and bacterial infections (Molluscum, warts, etc.).
- By improving skin conditions (Acne, psoriasis, eczema, etc.) to enhance skin tone and texture.
What is LED Light Therapy?
LED light therapy is a process that manipulates or regulates cell activity using portions of the visible/invisible light spectrum that do not contain any Ultra-Violet rays.
The various wavelengths of light are absorbed by the epidermal cells and stimulate cell regeneration in multiple portions of the skin. This therapy is a non-thermal, non-invasive and non-ablative method to rejuvenate the skin.
What are the benefits of LED Light Therapy Treatment?
- Stimulates healing and natural collagen production
- Reduces inflammation
- Stimulates fibroblasts, which improve circulation and help re-build and strengthen tissues from the inside out
- Non-invasive, non-abrasive and non-thermal
- Safe for all skin types, colors, conditions and ethnicities
- Improves acne conditions by destroying bacteria (Blue LED Light)